Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Recovering at the Marburg Pavilion

One really nice thing about being a patient of Dr. Cameron is that his patients are sometimes put in the Marburg Pavilion (I'm not sure if this happens all the time though and probably depends on availability). Marburg is the luxury section of the hospital and it really is beautiful. There are hard wood floors and lots of wood paneling. The nurse staff is really kind and attentive. There's also a very comfortable guest room with couches, a TV, coffee, tea, snacks and most importantly a computer. I did a lot of research on adjuvant therapy on the computer. While we were there we saw a very famous celebrity and also an arab prince with his entire entourage!

My Mom seemed to recover quite quickly while we were in the hospital. She was doing well with her breathing exercises and walking (which is very important). She had started to eat a little bit of solid food after several days. Her biggest problem was nausea but they kept that under control with some medication.

Dr. Cameron is a very early riser. He would usually come by around 5:30 am to visit my Mother. He would breeze in and generally say to my Mother - "You're doing great" and breeze out. Sometimes he would be with Dr. Meneshian and some other fellows or residents. During my Mother's stay, Dr. Cameron left to go to a conference. When Dr. Cameron was not around I noticed that Dr. Meneshian would do his rounds at around 9am. I'm sure it's nice to have a break when the boss goes out of town.

No comments: