Monday, January 16, 2006

Decision

My mother has decided to go with Picozzi at Virginia Mason (with some strong hinting on our parts). I think this is the right decision based on the preliminary results they have had there but I'm really apprehensive about how difficult it is going to be for her. We're now setting up the logistics. She'll probably be beginning treatment at week 10 which makes me a little nervous but Picozzi seemed to think that would be OK. We'll probably do the latter phases locally or in California.

2 comments:

[disenchanted princess] said...

Hi Eugene -

I came across your blog on a random search, but am interested as to your mother's current progress. I have a good friend who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 3 months ago. Might you be interested/available to chat about this?

Thanks so much, hope all is well for your family.

[disenchanted princess] said...

sorry, posted a previous comment - just realized that I have no clue how the comments display (contact info or no?).

my name is Kim, and my email address is xyla78@gmail.com if you might be willing to drop me an email.

Thanks!